Monday, April 7, 2014

Happy Birthday, Russell Crowe

Today is the 50th birthday of Academy Award winning actor Russell Crowe. I have only ever seen him in two movies, actually, Í checked using IMDb, namely "L.A. Confidential" and "Gladiator". I thought he was smart casting in "L.A. Confidential", playing the main character as a then virtually unknown, but his character annoyed me. When he - warning: minor spoiler ahead - slaps Kim Basinger near the end, it was relief to me, I like screamed out: Ha, I knew it, you are just a hypocrite. Everyone with such a big mouth has to be!
Gladiator was good, not great, everything about it, but I remember thinking of Joaquin Phoenix's dark, over-the-top villain as the highlight.

Long story short, I have nothing against him, but I'm hardly a big fan. Still, the occasion of the Big Five-O is too great not to take it as an excuse to post something. A few weeks ago, another blog I follow for quite some time now, "SeriousFilm", posted this: http://seriousfilm.blogspot.de/2014/03/youtube-tuesday-fightin-round-world.html, and it made me want to search for something funny and short out of that particular South Park episode. Including the theme song, and "Russell"'s own singing.

So, way to celebrate a man's birthday, making fun of him, I know, but it's just too funny, I could watch it over and over again. Enjoy, in Russell Crowe's honor:


No comments:

Post a Comment