Friday, June 27, 2014

Jackie and the Rains of Castamere

Isn't it great, when two things that you both love, but seemingly have nothing to do with each other, come together and the outcome is perfect. Don't you love it? Like, say, the great singing voice of the wonderful, talented, innocent Jackie Evancho, and something that comes from the great, dirty-sex-and-intrigues-filled TV series "Game of Thrones"?

The red lion of House Reyne confronts the golden lion of House Lannister. This image represents the events that the song "The Rains of Castamere" is about.


I was already thrilled when I saw the post on Jackie's official facebook page a few weeks ago that the first single from Jackie's announced new album will be a song from "Game of Thrones". Meanwhile, now that I've finally come along to watch the third season of GoT (yes, I'm way behind. And I have already come across so many spoilers, dammit!), I can appreciate it even more.
Here's the link:


https://music.yahoo.com/blogs/reality-rocks/first-listen--jackie-evancho-covers--game-of-thrones--song--rains-of-castamere-183747047.html?.tsrc=att

The lyrics of that song really give you an appetite to learn more and more about the dark history of Westeros and Essos:

And who are you, the proud lord said,
that I must bow so low?
Only a cat of a different coat,
that's all the truth I know.
In a coat of gold or a coat of red,
a lion still has claws,
And mine are long and sharp, my lord,
as long and sharp as yours.

And so he spoke, and so he spoke,
that Lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall,
with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear. 
(Source: http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/The_Rains_of_Castamere_%28song%29)

No comments:

Post a Comment