Monday, June 2, 2014

Yes, No, Maybe So: Maleficent

"Yes, No, Maybe So" is one of the trademark series of my favorite movie-themed blog, "The Film Experience". I don't want to copy it, but "Maleficent" started at theaters last week in my country, and I just have to do it for this movie, especially because I always knew how I would do it, very minimalistically, in very few words:

Yes: Elle Fanning <3




 No: Angelina Jolie *ewww*



No: Disney *ewww*



Maybe So: I kind of have a thing for animation turned real-life action!

Of course, sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. Examples? Well, Batman movies (two of them suck), Spider-Man movies, Alice In Wonderland movies (one of them sucks), movies based on the fairy tales by the Brothers Grimm,  Kick-Ass movies, Bibi Blocksberg movies, Asterix and Obelix movies (they suck) ... I bet I'm forgetting many...


That's all that first came to mind, but there's even more, actually:




Yes, No, Maybe So Bonus round:

Yes: Juno Temple


No: My favorite movie magazine, the German "Cinema" writes that the director of the movie is the production designer of "Avatar", and that it shows. *ewww³*


Maybe So: My aforementioned favorite movie-themed blog, "The Film Experience" writes that part of it feels a lot like "Snow White and the Huntsmen". I haven't seen it, but I'm very interested, since IMHO both Charlize Theron and K-Stew are very good and very underappreciated (well, Charlize not so much underappreciated) actresses.

However, they make it sound like it's a bad thing. Like they're trying to copycat the original, and it turns out really cheap and bad...


No comments:

Post a Comment